Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A Prayer For Gord Downie

It was my cousin Tammy who first introduced me to the Tragically Hip with a mix tape in the early 90’s. Songs like “Courage”, “Wheat Kings” and “Scared” stood out to me and became lifelong favourites. I’ve always admired the way Gord Downie has stuck to writing poetry about our national stories and not just going commercial. Here’s to you Gord . I’m praying for your body, heart, mind and soul… Let's just see what the morning brings.



“…that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us, for ‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, “‘For we are indeed his offspring.’ Acts 17:27-28 (Paul quoting the Greek poet Aratus)

No comments:

Post a Comment